Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cell Phones, blogs, Social Networks, oh my

In this day, it is hard to find someone not attached to their cell phone, unless they are an elderly person. Hell, kids as young as 5 are begging to have a cell phone.

Thankfully my 8 year old could care less if she has one or not. She borrows her brothers when she goes to a friends house.

I on the other hand am guilty on multiple levels. I am highly addicted to my iPhone and can hardly go 10 minutes without looking at it. I am constantly texting or checking Facebook. And it has caused some tension in my relationship. He claims I spend more time on my phone & the truth is, I have become more reliant on doing things on my phone (like this blog post) instead of doing things with my husband. (I bet he would have a different tune if I was one of those kick ass bloggers that made lots of my doing this!) The sad thing is, I don't know how to put it away and leave it alone.

In a day when the whole world practically relies on the use of a computer or a cell phone, it's no wonder why everyone has gone googoo for technology. It seems like there is nothing you cant do from a cell phone.

So how do you pull yourself away from all the ways to communicate that don't require talking? I am having a hard time figuring this put. Is it bad that I would rather text than actually talk. Maybe it's because I am always busy that an actual conversation would slow me down.

I dont know but what would happen to people as the way we communicate if all of a sudden cell phones and Internet stopped working?? Would people in this day and age be able to handle it. Especially the kids.

My answer is No. What's yours??

4 comments:

  1. I know I'm totally addicted!! I’m now a GFC follower from the I Love My Online Friends blog hop. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog and maybe follow me back!!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an iPhone, or anything else with a lower-case "i" for that matter, but I am addicted to the internet. Well, addicted isn't the right word. I rely on it very heavily, make my living on it (not blogging yet, I'm working on becoming one of those kick ass bloggers though), and would be lost without it.

    I'm a new follower from the I Love My Online Friends blog hop. Love your pretty owls in your background!

    Nikki
    http://www.prettyopinionated.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. New follower.

    Have a wonderful day!!

    Christy
    http://visualizedbychristy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just from the way my grand sons were at Christmas when there was a 2 hour ban (for dinner and chatting) I'm sure no. I am quite guilty myself. I am a new visitor and follower via I love my online friends.

    http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete